Monday, July 20, 2009

Some More of the Good Stuff



I jumped on the Modest Mouse Bandwagon when they released Good News For People Who Like Bad News in 2004. Then when We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank came out in 2007, I was less than impressed, but did not abandon the band. I'm now glad to hear a little more of that old Modest Mouse sound that drew me into them on their new EP No One's First And You're Next. Originally I thought this EP was going to be an LP, and when I first saw the tracklist I was disappointed. Modest Mouse has slowly been releasing half of the tracklist on vinyl 7'' for the past few months leaving the listener with only 4 unheard tracks. Basically No One's First And You're Next is an EP composed of B-tracks from Good News For People Who Like Bad News. If you were a fan of that album, then I think you'll like this EP. Most likely you've heard half of it already, so I don't need to tell you what it sounds like. Modest Mouse is also said to be releasing a video for the song "Rat King" that was directed by the late Heath Ledger and animated by Terry Gilman. But more news on that later.



1. Satellite Skin
2. Guilty Cocker Spaniels
3. Autumn Beds
4. The Whale Song
5. Perpetual Motion Machine
6. History Sticks To Your Feet
7. King Rat
8. I've Got It All (Most)

Check it Out: Modest Mouse - I've Got It All (Most)

No comments:

Post a Comment