Friday, August 14, 2009

Best Albums/Songs of 2006 Revisted

Now that summer is coming to a close and while I still have some downtime I thought that I would go back and make a list of my favorite albums/songs from the year 2006: 1. because I didn't have this blog-thing back then, so I never actually made a 2006 list and 2. I'm an obsessive person and I don't give all albums the proper amount of listening time so my lists for a year don't always represent the best albums of the year, simply because I haven't gotten around to listening to them all. So this is an updated version of a list that I would have made in 2006, if I had made a list in 2006. Hope that's not too confusing. Anyway...

Best Albums of 2006
1.The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian


2.Robbers and Cowards by Cold War Kids



3.Shut Up I Am Dreaming by Sunset Rubdown



4.Through the Window Pane by the Guillemots


5.Black Holes and Revelations by Muse



6.Bring it Back by Mates of State



7.The Dust of Retreat by Margot and the Nuclear So and So's


8.9 by Damien Rice


9.Gulag Orkestar by Beirut


10.Crane Wife by The Decemberists


-----------------------------------------------------------

11.Duper Sessions by Sondre Lerche


12.Return to the Sea by The Islands


13.The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance


14.Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins


15.Gang of Losers by The Dears


16.Avalanche by Sufjan Stevens


******************************************************
Best Songs
1. “Sao Paolo” by Guillemots
2.“Skeleton Key” by Margot and the Nuclear So and So’s
3.“The Men Are Called Horsemen There” by Sunset Rubdown
4.“Accidental Babies by Damien Rice
5.“Dress Up in You” by Belle and Sebastian
6.“Rough Gem” by Islands
7.“Ballad of Human Kindness” by the Dears
8. “Postcard from Italy” by Beirut
9. “Hang Me Up to Dry” by Cold War Kids
10."Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment